Saturday, February 12, 2011

new directions

People wonder why I spend so much time in the Wastelands. Isn't it obvious? It is the last place I saw him. It is the last place I had hope. And now, it is the last place I will ever go again.

The guilt over Samuel has been eating me alive. And now, I am starting to think that I should end all of the research now. All of it.

Nothing good has come of any of it. Grandfather, dead. Mindo, Dead. Mother, locked away forever in what passes for living. Shadowbroker, Missing. Lily, Missing. AuroraBlue, unstable. The science, nothing but chaos.

The only thing that remains, that makes any sense, is to focus on keeping the supply of products up, and try to hold on until it happens. At the same time, I know I can fix it. I know I can.

I just don't know if I want to.

Tonight I met with some new customers, and have arranged for the sale of some product in new markets. They are getting a good product at a good price. And I am helping destroy the parts of the Core that made so many things possible - so many things like Grandfather, dead. mindo, Dead. Mother, locked away forever in what passes for living. Shadowbroker, Missing. Lily, Missing. AuroraBlue, unstable.

Nothing but chaos.

And now, I find that Ardra is not a stranger after all....

No comments: