Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Then and Now

This is a photo that was taken a week before I left.











And this is me now.














We're just about to get on the train, which I'm now told is a round-trip with just a short stop to exchange some cannisters. He's got them in his pocket. I got a look at them and they look like bio-weapons grade materials. I asked him and he said 'serious platinum, babe', so I guess he's going to make the exchange and be in the money.

That doesn't explain why he had to stay at my house, or why he had to snag those documents from the Governor's office. I really am starting to wonder how well he has planned this whole thing.

At least we're going back to the ASREV and I'm going to fly it into Whitefall. I have always been a better pilot than Shadowbroker, and he says that we need the best pilot to fly us in. That makes even less sense than the rest of the things he says, because Whitefall is not even really civilized enough to have a place to land, I mean, we just sit her down on the friendliest lookin' piece of flat land and that's that.

There is one thing that is weighin on my mind. That's the guns. When Shava was servicin' the engines (these ASREVs seem to need a lot of work, he spends a lot of time in there), I took a curious look in his bunkroom. Now, the boy's known for having guns. And, lots of them. However, what I found looks like an arsenal - even for him. I took this image of them. It's not very good, but it should give some idea of the amount of fire-power he thinks we are going to need. So much for 'no risk' , but then I never quite believed that story. I just didn't think we'd need this much 'help'.

And even more curious is the stash of BFG's _under_ his bunk. How did Shava end up with twenty BFGs? I mean, thats enough to equip a Fed Squad. I managed to get a wave out to a friend in Blackburne, just to let him know things don't seem quite right. I tried to get a hold of Nene, but he wasn't answerin. I hope he's ok, and not too mad at me for takin off...if'n I ever see him again.

No comments: