Monday, April 28, 2008

Isis Canyon

I was right. We pulled a switch in Isis Canyon - have to admit Shadowbroker did a good job of hiding this one we've picked up. How he afforded something like this, though, I don't want to know. And, we had a little meeting with Mister Haymer on his private island. Can't say I was comfortable there though, as nice as it was. Full of treasures from Earth that Was. It was the Mister himself that made me nervous. Why would Shava be doin' any business with him? It ain't cause he's Alliance that puts me off - their money is as good as anyone elses'. It ain't even that he dealt in bio-weapons, although that didn't help my comfort level none. It was the way he looked at me, and the fact he asked me to leave the room so he could talk 'privately' with Shava. I'm suspectin' they was talkin about me, because I listened at the door, and heard them saying something about 'her Grandfather' and 'just the first of it'. The first of what I don't know, but I have a bad feelin about that man Haymer. The last thing he said was 'she does remind me so of my last wife, Saffron', and he said it to Shava like I wasn't even standin' there. Then he got a real evil look on his face. I was glad to get out of there.

Shion was just a pit stop for the money. I was hoping we would stay there at least long enough for me to say hello to some of the people who had been friends of Grandfather, but Shava said 'to time, sign the papers, get the money, let's go'.

Shadowbroker Svenska. Shava for short. How did I end up here, and why have I given you one years worth of my trust funds when you won't even tell me what the money is for, or what it is we have in our possession that is so valuable you've been fronted a ship worth more credits than you've probably seen in your entire lifetime. You never said anything 'bout needin me to get money to help you finance this operation. You just said you needed me to crew up for you.

And worse than all these mixed feelings....I miss Nene. I never thought I'd say those words.

No comments: