Saturday, May 31, 2008

Events

There has been an event in Downing, and right now, we don't know if it was terrorist in nature, or an accident. This is the third time our property has been razed to the ground, and I am getting tired of digging out brick and tracking down family heirlooms. I am so tired. But, I am not as tired as some of the people who are working tirelessly to find survivors. I've been over here three times now, and the thing is, its so quiet. Oh there's stuff going on, people drilling and digging and moving beams and cleaning up broken glass. But the people. So many are dead. ...and that makes for a lot of quiet. But my sense is the quiet is going to be replaced real soon with something worse.

Amyla lost her Grandfather in the event. I lost mine too, but not in this type of event - but I still have some idea how she must be feeling. I suspect she'll be headin' back to Downing to be with her family as they tie up loose ends. I'm going to have to dig out my mournin' clothes again. First time I had them out since my own Grandfather was put in the crypt. I'm thinkin' a lot about that lately, a lot about family things. My Grandfather was such an interesting man - so well travelled, well read, well spoken, the epitome of royalty yet we lived virtually in a cave carved out of rocks. What sense was there to that? It wasn't til I left that I knew othe people didn't live like that. But my grandmother, she wasn't very well travelled or well read - but she had knowledge of just about everything and everyone like they was a book she read. I have so much to learn about them. I am going to have to get up nerve to look at the books they left behind. At least those weren't destroyed. I found it, complete with its Blue Sun logo, on top of a rooftop across the road.

Mr. Nightfire has been spending a lot of time with Imrhien. I don't know what that's about. They went off together a few days ago and came back, both talkin about feelin' so much better since they had been engaging in some personal "sex" sort of play - then they said it was just them playin' a joke on me. But someone told me she saw them together last night, out alone for a long time. And, he ain't exactly been paying much attention to me. Guess after seein' me still alive at Whitefall, he's finally realised I don't need his protection.

Whitefall. That's all still on my mind. I keep hearing it, the same "Don't let her under the mountain". I dream it. I see it. I need to get there. I was almost there. I have to go back. This time I"ll go alone. But it will be awhile, there's a lot to be done in Downing, and I think getting done is important.

No comments: