Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Whitefall Bound

I'm hopin' anyone sees us mistakes us for Alliance Federal Marshals. With any luck, we'll be mistake for a ship maintaining airspace dominance from the outskirts of Haven up til we reach Whitefall.

It's been a while - maybe five years - since I've been on one of these short range enforcement vessels, and I'd forgotten just how powerful they are. Not in terms of speed - they are slow as molasses - but in terms of armaments. I'm countin' ASREV three energy-powered cannons, one 1-pound autocannon with 200 rounds of ammunition, 8,000 pounds of bombs and 16,000 pounds of missiles. We're also carryin' at least three magnetic depth charges. This is 40 tons of bang.


We've got enough fuel for 500 hours, so we're going to have to refuel..not sure where. I don't think this was the best choice for this long of trip, cause it just isn't very comfortable. At least we're not using it on each leg. And, its perfect for our upcoming flight into the deepest black. Now that I think about it, this ship won't make it back to Persephone in anything approaching a reasonable time. I sure hope we have something stashed along the way that can move a little faster. I'm lookin' forward to getting home.

No comments: